02 03 Gallimaufry Grove: Green Tea Sugar Scrub 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Green Tea Sugar Scrub

34

Making your own Sugar Scrub is so easy that it's kind of like a gateway drug to making all your own skincare products.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  But if you're going to develop a DIY skincare addiction, I can't think of a better way to go than this Green Tea Sugar Scrub.

Sugar scrubs are wonderful for exfoliation.  They help hydrate and soften the skin, help clear clogged pores and reduce the appearance of aging.  This one smells wonderful, too.  It's pretty amazing, in my opinion.


Sugar Scrubs are brain-dead simple to make.  Just grab your ingredients, measure them, dump them into a bowl and stir.  Done.  If you can pour yourself a glass of water, you can make this.  If you can't pour yourself a glass of water, you can always make the minions who usually wait on you hand and foot do this for you.  Then make them give you a facial.  (And give me your secret for making people wait on you...)


I was making a lot of this recipe for these gift bags, so don't be frightened by my pictures of industry-scale-scrub-making.  I promise, you don't need industrial sized equipment to make this.


What You Need:
1 cup sugar
1/8-1/2 cup grape seed oil (You can also use a mix of grape seed and olive oil)
1 bag of green tea 
Essential Oils -- I used Lemon, Orange and Verbena (optional) Yum!

What You Do:
Dump the sugar and oil into the bowl.  I start by adding the smaller amount of oil and work up as I'm mixing this.  I like it with more oil rather than less, but you can experiment to find what you like.  Cut open the tea bag and pour the contents into the bowl.  Add essential oils to "taste" and mix well.  I don't have exact amounts for the essential oils because I was making such an enormous batch that I was working with spoonfuls, not drops.  I did it by scent.  For a batch this size, I would start with about 5 drops of each EO, stir it in and smell it, then add more from there. You will need less of the verbena than the lemon and orange.  If your skin is sensitive, use less EOs or use lavender which is gentle enough for babies and very healing.  If you like lots of scent, use a little more.  This is your scrub.  Make it the way you like it.  When it makes you happy, put it in a jar (a shallow jar works best since you want your fingers to be able to reach the bottom). 

How To Use It:
Start with clean, dry skin.  I use this after I have removed my make-up.  Scoop some scrub out of the jar with your fingers.  If the oil and sugar have separated, just stir it around a bit with your fingers.  Gently massage it onto your face and neck with a circular motion for about 3 minutes. Then rinse your face well and dry.  Now stare at yourself in the mirror and wonder why you didn't do this sooner.

I recommend using the sugar scrub once or twice a week.  If you have a lot of blackheads, you could use this every other day for a week.  You don't want to over-exfoliate though, so after the initial "clean-up" stage, go back to once or twice a week.

That's it.  You are officially inducted into the DIY Skincare Addicts Anonymous Club.  We would try to help you break your addiction, but we all like it this way.



Have a great day!

Angela

Never miss another post!  Follow Gallimaufry Grove in the sidebar!

Labels:

35 36 37 38