02 03 Gallimaufry Grove: DIY Hair & Scalp Mud Mask 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

DIY Hair & Scalp Mud Mask

34

Things have been a little quiet here on the blog.  There's a reason for that.  Mostly, it's because I have been flat tired.  Even the energizer bunny has to recharge its batteries every so often.  In my feeble attempt to recharge, I have been trying to keep my responsibilities down to a minimum.  But that doesn't mean I've forgot about you.  I think about my readers a lot.  I just haven't been putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) as much as I would like.  Hopefully I will soon get to write some of those posts that have been swirling around in my head.

Anyway.  I digress.  Which is really hard, since I haven't actually started my topic yet.

Let's try again.

It's that time of year.  You know, the time of year when the heater is running non-stop.  The air dries out, your skin dries out, your hair gets so much static that it stands on end, and everything you touch gets zapped with static electricity.  It's the time of year when your scalp gets itchy and your hair gets dull.  What?  That doesn't happen to you!?!  Ahem.  Well, just pretend you understand, 'kay?

Did you know you can give your hair and your scalp a little tender loving care at the same time?  It's true.  And it isn't even hard.  This mud mask will nourish and moisturize your hair, treat dandruff and itchy scalp and soothe your tired head.  The bentonite clay will act as a detox bath for you scalp and hair, the apple cider vinegar will promote proper pH balance and the aloe vera heals and soothes.  The olive oil nourishes and moisturizes.  The essential oils not only treat the scalp; they will even encourage hair growth.

It's a private spa for your head.

Here's how you do it:

DIY Hair & Scalp Mud Mask


(This will make 2-3 applications.  You can keep the remainder in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.)

1/2 cup Bentonite Clay
1/2 cup Aloe Vera Juice (The real stuff, that you can drink.  Not that weird stuff with all the chemicals and added ingredients that they sell for sunburn.  You can get the real stuff at the health food store.)
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar (Again, I use real apple cider vinegar, not white vinegar with stuff added.  Mine is unpasteurized and has the mother with it.)
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 drops each of Lavender, Rosemary, Peppermint & Lemon Essential Oils

Mix this all together.  DO NOT USE METAL TO MIX!  Metal reacts with the bentonite clay and will render it ineffective.  Bentonite clay detoxes heavy metals, so when you use metal, it wastes all it effectiveness on your utensils instead of on your head.

Apply to damp hair in sections, working it into the scalp as well as the hair.  Leave on for 20 minutes.  Rinse thoroughly and wash hair as usual.  Enjoy your happy head.


Have a great (hair) day!

Angela


Never miss another post!  Follow Gallimaufry Grove in the sidebar!

Labels:

35 36 37 38