02 03 Gallimaufry Grove: The Best Facial Scrub. Ever. A Tutorial. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Best Facial Scrub. Ever. A Tutorial.

34

This really is the best facial scrub I have ever used.

Back in the days before I started making my own skin care products, I tried everything.  My skin was both dry and acne prone. (Oxymoron?)  I tried every facial I could get my hands on, and nothing works better than this.  You really will notice a difference from the very first time you use it.

Ideally, you would use this once a week, but life is rarely like that.  I regularly forget, so when I notice a few blackheads, or my skin is looking dry, or it just looks "eh,"  I whip this stuff out.  I will use it two days in a row and I am good as new.


What you will need:

Oil of Choice.   Olive oil, Grape Seed Oil, or even Coconut if you don't mind it solidifying in cool temperatures.  You can find out why I like these oils here.  I am using Herb-Infused Olive Oil.  You can find out how to make it here.  But if you want your scrub now, just mix it with a plain oil.  Easy peasy.

Sugar.  This is what I do with the sugar I no longer eat.  You can find out what I mean here and here.  While sugar may not be good for your body on the inside,  it is great on the outside.  Sugar is a natural humectant and skin soother.  The granules buff and smooth the skin and the sugar acids gently remove dull dry skin and promote cellular growth.

A jar with a lid.  Find one that you can reach the bottom of with your fingers.  I wouldn't want you to be desperately trying to reach the scrub at the bottom of the jar.  That's no way to do a relaxing facial.  Trust me on this one.



Here's how you do it:

First, fill your jar about 2/3 full of oil.




Next, add some sugar -- fill the jar about to the top.  You really can't mess this up.  If it's too dry, add more oil.  If there isn't enough sugar, add more.  I end up with about 1 part oil, 1 part sugar.




Next...Oh, wait.  That's it.  Stir it and pop a lid on there.  Done.


How to use your new, absolutely awesome sugar scrub:

Scoop some scrub out (it will tend to settle, just stir it a bit as you scoop).  Gently massage the scrub on your face and neck for about 3 minutes.  The longer you massage, the smoother your skin will be.  When you're done, do yourself a favor and scrub your hands while you're at it.  They will thank you.  Wash the scrub off with warm water.  Ahhh.... now that's better.  You can follow with All-Natural Toner and Skin Salve.

So, have you tried this?  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Angela

Labels:

35 36 37 38